During bar prep you are totally committed to the bar exam. With the flu wreaking havoc on the nation, you need to take care of yourself. I have a background in Public Health and totally support the public health interventions in place to prevent the spread of the flu. Health is wealth, especially during bar prep.
Here are a couple of tips to keep you healthy.
- Get Vaccinated. Let me say this, since I’ve been getting the flu shot, I have not had the flu.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Avoid contact with sick people, seriously. You don’t have time to be sick during bar prep. This is crunch time and every day matters.
- Stay home and rest if you are sick. When I am sick, I want to feel better as soon as possible. Drinking plenty of fluids and resting aids in recovery.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Germs are often spread when a person touches something that is contaminated with germs and then touches his or her eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Practice healthy habits, such as taking your vitamins and eating nutritious meals. During bar prep I started taking vitamin B, D and C. Maybe I should have taken a multivitamin, but for the ailments I experienced, I felt it important that I take those specific vitamins.
- Schedule an appointment with your health provider if you notice any flu symptoms or unusual physical symptoms. Anxiety can cause physical pain, but visiting your health provider may give you peace of mind.
These tips and more can be found on the CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/protect/habits.htm