The twenty second day of the new year! I’ve been meaning to write a post for a while. I started writing about the goals I set for myself in 2018. I was overly critical of myself; but then I realized that I had some major accomplishments. But, I also realized that 2018 had its way with me.
What I mean by that is that there were things I needed to cut out of my life that I did not know needed to go; but 2018 took care of it.
That taught me to approach my New Year Resolutions and Goals differently. Actually I don’t set resolutions or goals for the New Year anymore; I set my intentions. I also do not wait until the new year to set my intentions. I completed my vision board about two weeks before Christmas.
I want to keep growing. Keep expanding. I want to continue to challenge myself and explore the parts of myself that I have neglected. Parts that have always been there, but due to expectations and fear I pretended that they did not exist.
This year I intend to honor myself, in every way.
- I will release things, people, institutions and belief systems that no longer serve me, full stop. While scary, it is quite liberating. If it doesn’t make me feel good and I’m only doing it to please someone else, it is not going to happen. I will not be shamed to participate or support what does not honor me.
- I will practice self-love. I realized that no one can love me better than I can. Loving myself properly will also help me to recognize when others are and are not loving me right. This also includes taking care of myself and not indulging in things that harm my body
- I also take responsibility for my happiness and my feelings. I can cultivate how I want to feel. No one has to make me happy. I make myself happy and will do so all 2019.
- I will listen to my intuition. She be knowin!! Listen, I cannot begin to tell you how many times my intuition has warned me about a situation and I ignored it only for her warning to be spot on!
- I will protect my energy and be mindful of my energy. Energy is currency. I will spend it wisely. I will also check in with myself and assess my energy.
This year has already started off so much better than 2018.
See related post: Fight to Win
I am not as focused on goals per se. Or maybe my goals are more focused on
my internal self. I am not using external markers as indicators of success, not this year. That’s not to say that there should not be evidence of this new found peace in my external world, but there doesn’t have to be; or it may not look the way one would expect it to look.